Peak Season Linen Management
Posted on Apr 04, 2016
The hotel industry sees multiple peaks and troughs in occupancy levels throughout the year and at CLEAN we know how important it is for our laundry service to consistently meet our customer’s needs. These peak periods can often be demanding on housekeeping teams, so in an effort to try to minimise this pressure we have put together some useful tips to help ensure a sufficient service is provided to everyone.
- Check your delivery schedule. Amendments can be made to future deliveries, so if you know occupancy is going to be higher than anticipated, more stock can be ordered in time.
- Remember to submit your linen counts. Not submitting a count on time, or at all, could result in a delayed or insufficient delivery.
- Fill cages with as much dirty linen as possible. This will ensure there are enough empty cages in circulation for all customers.
- Only order the stock that you need. Over ordering can deplete the overall stock available in the linen pool.
- Return any rejects regularly. This will help ensure that your levels of clean items are not affected.
- Have your soiled stock ready for collection. This keeps our drivers and deliveries on time for all of our customers.
- Who manages your linen levels? Is it you? Are you going on holiday? Who have you trained to ensure this important task is not overlooked?
Customers are at the centre of everything we do at CLEAN and our dedicated service teams are always here to help. If you have any questions or need some advice, you can reach our customer service teams via the CLEAN contact page.