Ross-on-Wye laundry site celebrates 15th Anniversary
Posted on Jan 29, 2020
We recently celebrated 15 years of providing a first-class service and linen at our Ross-on-Wye laundry site
The team at Ross-on-Wye celebrated their milestone with a party for the entire production and senior management team, including a cake modelled on the 28,000sqft facility, hog roast and commemorative gifts for each employee.
John Newland, site director at Ross-on-Wye laundry, said: “Celebrating our 15th anniversary has been the ultimate way to end what has been a very successful year for the team here at Ross-on-Wye. Reaching this incredible milestone is credit to the continued investment and support provided by the team, who provide an outstanding service, and our loyal customers. I look forward to celebrating our next achievements in the near future.”
The Ross-on-Wye site is looking to expand its workforce, with positions for LGV/Class 2 certified drivers, multi-skilled engineers and production operative roles available, each offering great career prospects with long-term promotion opportunities. The new members of the team will be instrumental in offering continual exceptional service and products that CLEAN is renowned for.
In celebration of the site’s 15th anniversary, here are 15 top facts about the Ross-on-Wye laundry:
- Just under 150 people work at the Ross-on-Wye site.
- The five longest serving team members at the site have a combined service of 39,138 days - an average of more than 21 years' service each.
- Ross-on-Wye delivers linen stock to its customers 362 days a year.
- The site on Netherton Road services over 200 hospitality customers in England & Wales
- Over 180 remote controls are found between hotel sheets per year at the Ross-on-Wye laundry alone. The experienced team can identify remote controls from 47 different hotels, enabling them to return them to their rightful properties.
- To help people enjoy their hotel stays, the drivers at Ross-on-Wye travel 960,000 miles a year delivering crisp, white bed linen.
- It takes less than six seconds to iron and fold a super king-sized duvet cover with the site’s first-class machinery.
- Ross-on-Wye’s industrial washing machine is over 15 metres long.
- In the last year, the Herefordshire based site has delivered linen to the equivalent weight of 735 London buses to its customers.
- Over 20,000 fluffy white towels are despatched from the laundry every day.
- Every year the site uses and recycles enough water to fill 20 Olympic-sized swimming pools, including the rainwater collected from the laundry’s roof.
- On average, at least one missing mobile phone, tablet or kindle is found at the Ross-on-Wye laundry every month.
- The Ross-on-Wye team ensure 10,000 hotel beds are equipped with linen every day.
- In the last 15 years, the strangest item to arrive at Ross-on-Wye within bed sheets was a police inspector’s laptop.
- Due to the effective sorting process at the laundry, red socks are yet to be laundered at the site – something the team are very relieved about!